Hey Wild One,
Have you tried a Buddha Bowl before?
If you don’t know what it is, don’t worry because you are about to find out.
It’s so good!!
- 2 cup black or red rice
- 4 cups water
- 4 tablespoons tamari
- 3 baby bok choy
- 2 handfuls of Brussels sprouts (unless you can’t stand them and then use broccoli instead)
- 3 cups frozen peas
- 1/4 cup raw tahini
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 2-3 tablespoons tamarind (100% pure)
1. Heat the oven to 180 degrees C.
2. Halve the bok choy and trim the brussel sprouts.
3. In an oven proof dish, pour in tamari, then add the bok choy and the Brussels sprouts (or broccoli) face down. Roast for 15 minutes then remove from the oven, add the peas and cover to keep warm.
4. Add the rice and water to a medium saucepan and bring to a boil. Once boiling, turn it off and cover for 20 minutes.
5. Once the rice is ready, add the brussel sprouts and cook for another 5 minutes. Add water if needed.
6. For the dressing: Whisk together the tahini and hot water until smooth. Add tamarind. Separate sauce into two small dishes.
7. To serve: Scoop out a large spoonful of rice into separate serving bowls. Arrange vegetables around the rice.
8. Serve with a small dish of sauce and lightly drizzled over the meal.
Give the plant-based lifestyle a real shot. Check out Wild Nutrition: Your 30-Day Revolution to Plant-Based Vitality—and learn how simple and delicious it is to lose weight and thrive!