I know right! Amazing! Who would have thought mayo could be healthy? How good is living!
I’m so glad you’re here on my recipes page Mama because I have so many amazing, nourishing, fun recipes that you and the whole family will love and be nourished by. I have so much to share with you!
Did you know that potatoes are great for helping you lose weight? I love potatoes! I eat potatoes around 5 days a week, 3-4 at a time. I love finding different ways to enjoy potatoes because they’re just so darn good for you.
Fact: Potatoes are low in fat.
Fact: Potatoes are nutrient dense.
Fact: A diet heavy in potatoes and low in animal fats and proteins is used world wide by medical professions such as Dr McDougall and T Colin Campbell as a diet base for weight loss and for healing ailments such as high cholesterol and heart disease.
So get this into you 😉
Super Simple Ingredients:
For the salad:
- 1/2 kg organic potatoes cut in half
- 1 cup chopped fresh organic coriander (cilantro)
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh organic dill
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, each cut in half
For the raw vegan mayo:
- 1/2 cup cashews
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- Juice from 2 lemons
- Water, as needed
Super Simple Instructions:
- Salad: Put the potatoes in a pot with water to boil. Once the water is boiling, turn down the heat to medium with lid ajar. Cook for about 10 minutes or until tender (you want your knife to slide into it but not break it). Set aside to cool.
- Raw Mayonaise: Blend all the ingredients until smooth, adding water or other liquid as needed and adjusting to your taste.
- Toss the mayo with the salad ingredients until evenly coated.
Is that not as easy if not easier than the unhealthy, animal bi-product infested version? ;p So much more nourishing, 100% more kind and perfectly delicious.
I love you.