Healthy Banana Bread:
- 9 very ripe bananas
- 3/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup coconut oil (melt if it’s cold and hard)
- 1 cup unsweetened plain almond milk
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup millet flour (buy or make your own: grind 1 cup whole millet in blender until fine flour forms)
- 1 cup rice flour (buy or make own: in blender as per millet directions above)
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 cups unsweetened shredded coconut flakes
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. In a large bowl or Omniblend mash 6 bananas until smooth. Stir in remaining wet ingredients; set aside.
3. In a large bowl, combine all dry ingredients except coconut. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients; stir until fully combined. Stir in coconut.
4. Divide batter evenly between prepared loaf tins, smoothing out tops. Top each loaf with slices of remaining two bananas. Bake for 45 to 55 minutes, until a skewer inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
5. Store loaves well-covered in the fridge.