How would you like to make a mouthwatering Caesar Salad from scratch? I know right, so good. Let’s do it. Here’s the dressing:
Ingredients: Caesar Salad
- 1/2 package organic tempeh
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon gluten-free tamari
- 1/2 teaspoon brown rice vinegar
- 2 romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 cup uncooked quinoa
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 2 tablespoons hemp seeds
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon capers
- 3/4 teaspoon caper juice
- 1/2 teaspoon dijon mustard
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon (1 teaspoon)
- 1/4 cup spring or filtered water
- Salt + pepper (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celsius (350 degrees Fahrenheit) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Slice the tempeh into thin strips and add to a bowl.
3. Top with maple syrup, tamari, and brown rice vinegar. Place tempeh on baking paper and bake for 30 minutes until slightly crispy and golden brown, flip over at 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool while you prepare the remaining ingredients.
4. Add the chopped romaine and cherry tomatoes to a large bowl and set aside.
5. Lightly toast the quinoa in a dry skillet over medium-low heat until golden brown and fragrant. Set aside.
6. In a blender combine tahini, hemp seeds, nutritional yeast, capers, caper juice, mustard, lemon juice and water to a blender. Blend on high until completely smooth.
7. Add quinoa to the salad along with the dressing and toss to combine. Serve into large bowls and top with tempeh pieces.