Hey Wild Heart,
A tasty oil-free bottled salad dressing is hard to come by, and getting it right at home isn’t easy, either. This recipe solves the problem of both taste and texture. It’s worth splurging on top-quality vinegars to create a dressing with great flavour.
Why oil-free? Click that link for the long answer. In summary, though, the body-shaping diet I recommend is free (or nearly free) of any oils.
Raw (like cold-pressed olive oil) or cooked (coconut oil for frying), just one tablespoon can contain up to fourteen grams of fat and 120 calories, and this kind of high-calorie, high-fat food simply doesn’t have a place in our optimum nutrition. What’s more, processed oils are full of trans fats, one of the leading causes of heart disease, cancer, diabetes and obesity.
Even coconut oil. Coconut oil is one of those rare plant-based sources of saturated fat. Since it’s usually only found in animal products, saturated fat isn’t a common issue for plant-based eaters, but even small quantities can lead to increased LDL (bad cholesterol)—the biggest risk factor for heart disease.
Okay, gorgeous, here it is! Oil-free, Flavour-full Body-Shaping Balsamic Vinaigrette:
Preparation: 10 minutes
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup unseasoned rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce (ketchup)
- 1 tablespoon mustard (Dijon)
- tablespoon coconut sugar
- 1 cup spring or filtered water
- Pour the balsamic, cider, and rice vinegars into a blender. Add the tomato sauce (ketchup), mustard, and coconut sugar, and 1 cup of spring/filtered water.
- Blend until the mixture is smooth.
- Refrigerate the dressing in a tightly covered container for at least 2 hours.
- Enjoy the incredible flavour of body-shaping food combinations!
This dressing can keep up to 2 weeks in the fridge.
Want to learn more about eating for the body you want? Check out Food Dynamics: The Taste and Flavour Solution for the Whole Family, and let me help you thrive!
Do you have a favourite, fat-free salad dressing recipe? I’d love to read it! Have you cut down on oil in your dressings and experienced amazing results? Please share in the comments!