Hey Wild One,
The last low fat, weight reducing hot chips recipe I posted was a massive hit so I wanted to share this healthier alternative to hot chips (fries) with you too. It’s made with eggplant and it’s really nice! Especially with this sauce. Yowsers! Yum!
Eggplants are low fat and nutrient dense, a great food to add into your cooking repertoire as it assists in weight loss and is really versatile to cook with.
Super Simple Ingredients:
- 1 eggplant, cut into strips
- 1/3 cup unsweetened plain coconut yogurt (any plant based yogurt will do)
- 1 tablespoon dried organic parsley
- 1 pinch paprika
- 1 pinch teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons juice of a lemon
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 cups gluten-free seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 cup unsweetened plain coconut yogurt (any plant based yogurt will do)
- 1 teaspoon dill
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 pinch black pepper
Super Simple Instructions:
1. Chips: Preheat oven to 180 degrees C. Line two large baking trays with baking paper.
2. Cut the eggplant into chips.
3. Dip: Combine all dip ingredients in a medium-sized bowl. Put in the fridge for a minimum of 1 hour.
4. Combine yogurt, parsley, paprika, ground cumin, lemon juice and apple cider vinegar in a large bowl. Toss eggplant chips in yogurt mixture, coating evenly.
5. Place breadcrumbs on a plate and lightly coat eggplant fries with breadcrumbs. Spread out evenly on trays making sure they don’t touch.
6. Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes, or until crispy. Turn halfway during baking to brown evenly. Serve with sauce.